Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Movies by which to Drink Sangria!!

One of my dear friends asked me to provide a list of movies that would go well with SANGRIA! Yummy! Looking back through to the BEGINNING of my blog, here are movies I have watched that would go great with Sangria... light and fruity!

WARNING: The following movies are being pulled from a list from January 2007 and beyond so I have limited memories of the movies. Any choice to drink sangria with these movies is at your own risk. You will most likely survive and you will probably enjoy your beverage, but I make no guarantees on the enhancement to the movie that your drink will make. If you do watch one of the films while drinking sangria, let me know how it turns out ;)
  • A Prairie Home Companion (2006)
  • The Squid and the Whale (2005) I'm a little apprehensive about this one as a sangria choice because it's been a while since I've seen it so I'm not sure it's the right tone, but I do like Noah Baumbach
  • Bottle Rocket (1996) Same as above about apprehension, but with  Wes Anderson
  • I Am a Sex Addict (2005)  Something tells me that the longer it's been since I've seen the movie (I'm in Jan 2007 of my blog now), the harder it will be to judge the appropriateness of sangria, so don't quote me on these movies ;)
  • Looking for Comedy in the Muslim World (2005) 
  • The Devil Wears Prada (2006)
  • Monja, La (2005) aka "The Nun" - (English title) Dir. Luis De La Madrid This one is pretty funny (in an absurd manner) but dark, so hold on tight to your sangria. Also was watched in October 2006, so who knows....
  • Comet Over Broadway (1938) Okay, I'm almost pretty sure I'm just randomly picking movies from my list from 2006, but if it gets you to watch an old movie... well, I'm sure you won't be worse-off for it!
  •  Xingfu shiguang (2000) aka "Happy Times Hotel" - UK (DVD title) aka "Happy Time" - (English title) aka "Happy Times" - UK, USA
  • It Happened One Night (1934) Directed by Frank Capra   I'm almost pretty sure this one is a good sangria choice. Here's a bit of comedy for you... my write-up on this movie back in September 2006:
    "If I remember correctly, there was an excessive use of wipes, with some fades and enough intercuts to keep the audience in on the action. But if you're not film studies, you don't care. Fact is, a friend or two had raved about this movie, and now I know why. Romantic comedy at its finest. The main characters are involved in a love-hate relationship with each other and both undergo changes as they fall in love. As far as I'm concerned, this was a classier version of Spaceballs (1987)."  

So there you have it. More than 30 movies that would probably go well with sangria. Drink and watch responsibly, eh? Also, feel free to comment nicely about other movies you would choose or if my choices are a little off. ;) Happy viewing!!

No comments: